If you’re planning a day hike soon, one of the most important things you’ll need is a great backpack. Not only will it give you the ability to carry everything you need, but it will also help distribute the weight evenly so you can hike for longer without feeling fatigued.
There are countless backpacks on the market, so we’ve narrowed down the best options by price point. Whether you’re on a tight budget or willing to splurge for top-quality gear, there’s a backpack that will match your needs.
1. TETON Sports Oasis 1100 Hydration Pack – For less than $40, this backpack comes with a 2-liter hydration bladder and plenty of space for essentials like snacks and jackets. It’s lightweight and comfortable, making it perfect for short day hikes.
2. Osprey Daylite – For under $60, this backpack is a great option for those who want a quality backpack without breaking the bank. It has a main compartment and several pockets, as well as an attachment point for a hydration reservoir.
1. Gregory Nano 18L – This backpack is priced at around $85 and boasts an aerodynamic design that makes it perfect for fast-paced hiking. It’s also super lightweight and has a hydration sleeve.
2. Deuter Speed Lite 20 – At around $100, this backpack is a great option for those who want extra storage space. It has multiple pockets and attachment points for trekking poles and an ice axe.
1. Osprey Talon 22 – For around $140, this backpack is ideal for longer day hikes. It’s lightweight and comfortable, and has a hydration sleeve with an external reservoir access feature.
2. Arc’teryx Brize 32 – At around $240, this is a top-of-the-line backpack for avid hikers. It has a sleek design and plenty of space for gear, as well as a hydration system and ergonomic shoulder straps.
No matter your budget, there’s a backpack out there that will fit your needs. When selecting a backpack, consider factors such as storage space, comfort, and durability. By investing in a quality backpack, you’ll be able to enjoy your day hike to the fullest.